Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Primary Colors Game

This is the kid's favorite thing to do when we do our "school work". It's pretty simple. All you need is some sort of tray with raised sides (in case of spills...this makes for easy clean up), six small glasses (now that I'm thinking of it, I think I will invest in some of those small beakers with the little pour spout), water, and red, blue, and yellow food coloring.

I fill three of the glasses with water, and put a couple drops of food coloring in each one until I get the color I desire. I actually let the kids do this most of the time...good exercise for their fine motor skills. Then, I just let them pick two colors to mix and see which color it makes. Told ya it was simple, but they love it and continue to do it everyday even though they have known their primary colors and what colors they make for about a year now.










Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh is a really cute book on the subject, too. Sometimes, we go outside and I let them step in paint like the mice in the book and walk all over freezer paper. Also, really simple...I just tape down a big strip of freezer paper (wax side down, of course), dump some washable red, yellow, and blue paint onto the paper at intervals and let them track around in it....really cute to watch!


Later, my grandma came by with candy and they were playing marbles with their Whoppers. : )



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...