Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Monday, April 11, 2011

My Weekend Off ~Where we stayed~

So Saturday was me and my hubby's anniversary so we went to St. Francisville.  It is absolutely stunning!  It's is so amazing what they were able to do without modern technology.  I have got a zillion pics to share with you...I just can't pic my favorites, so I will break them down.  We stayed at Butler Greenwood Plantation, and if you ever make it to St. Francisville, which you must, you have to stay here.  This place is amazing...I have been to the grounds of all the other plantations and nothing even compares to this (except Rosedown, but I still prefer Butler Greenwood).  When you step out of your vehicle the smell of gardenias and honeysuckle (although I never could find the honeysuckle) is absolutely intoxicating.  I could have spent the whole weekend just exploring the grounds there. 

This house was started in 1790, and is still occupied by the original family,  you can stay in the old kitchen which was built in 1796 from bricks made on the property...can you imagine!  Ms. Anne is not only the head of the house, she is also an author.  One of her books you must read is Weep for the Living.  It

"examines what caused the respected retired criminologist to pick up a pistol and shoot his wife five times as she rocked on her plantation home's gallery.  In this riveting book, the wife who miraculously survived provides some answers with remarkable candor, compassion and even humor.  This is not fiction; it's even stranger."

It is a fabuous read! Anyhow, enough talk. I will let the pictures speak for themselves!

Click read more to see the rest of the pics




This is the cooks cottage.  This is were the plantation cook lived


The plantation kitchen






None of the pics of the peacock are zoomed...I wanted to show just how close you can get to it...

I watched these two turtles playing together for a while...cute











on the front porch of the main house before we toured it...












3 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Happy Anniversary! What a gorgeous place to go! I can't believe you got so close to the peacocks...they are incredible:)

Suze said...

Love the pictures. . .Need to that in my places-to-go list :)

Ps. Happy Anniversary!!!!

The Extra Ordinary Bree said...

Beautiful! It looks very peaceful and relaxing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...