Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Extreme Makeover Week 4 ~ Let's Go Fly a Kite


Well, week 4 is up and once again the ladies have done a fabulous job!  But unfortunately we have some bad news....Ellie from Homestitched had to drop out this week because she hurt her shoulder.  I hope you feel better Ellie, and we will check back with you!  Maybe you can come back as our wild card for the final challenge!  So this week the ladies have a free ride!  They will all automatically move on to next weeks challenge, but it is still a competititon to see who wins the free pattern!   So check out this weeks entries and then vote for your favorite!  And when your done, head over to The Extra Ordinary Bree, and enter to win some free patterns from


and




#1

It's time for a day of kite flying!

 Begin with your kite, of course. I'm sure no-one else in the park will have a kite quite like this one.



Put on a spring vest to stay warm in the kite-flying winds.



And pack a picnic lunch to eat on your kite-inspired picnic quilt! "Let's go fly a kite, Up to the highest height..." (I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been singing that song all week!)

Total fabric used: 10 yards


#2

I had a little trouble with this weeks theme. It was a great theme I just could not come up with any ideas. Then one night I jumped into the shower and it came to me. Our shower curtain is terrible. So the Let's Go Fly A Kite bathroom was born. First the shower curtain:

I have an enourmous amount of window curtain lining that worked great for this.


I also had a little of this red and aqua fabric left but I did actually end up purchasing more cause I love the ruffles.


I think the kites are soo cute.


I also added some quick ruffles to some towels. My whole bathroom is getting a makeover thanks to this project and I could not be happier!


My total fabric used was 4 yards.

#3

 Let’s Go Fly A Kite! This means going to the beach for our family, so I made some easy-wear clothing & accessories for our day flying kites at the beach.

‘Lucy’s Cloche’ hat – 1 yd



Ruffled Halter Tops – 2.5 yds
Easy Fit Pants & Shorts – 2.5 yds


Ruffle-Bum Sunsuit – 1 yd


Big Girl Sunsuit – 1 yd


Lifestyle Knit Top – 1 yd
Lifestyle Linen Pants – 2 yds


‘Lydia’ Top – 1.5 yds


Waterproof Eco-Totes – 4 yds
Grand total: 16.5 yards!



2 comments:

A.Vang said...

Really really great job! All of the projects are delightful.

The Extra Ordinary Bree said...

So sad that Ellie had to drop out but girls by jaw is on the floor! Seriously! I don't know how anyone could pick one to vote for this week... they're all amazing!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...