Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pina Maternity/Nursing Dress & Top


I recently recieved the Pina Gathered Dress & Top pattern from one of my ABE sponsors, DIY MaternityI LOVE THIS DRESS!!!  I was a little worried that I would go through the trouble of making the dress, then not be able to wear it because I have never made maternity clothes and wasn't sure how to adjust the pattern to fit my not pregnant self...  But I was pleasantly surprised once I got the pattern printed and looked at it, it is incredibly easy to modify for someone who is not pregnant....just cut 2 back skirt pieces instead of one back and one front!  So simple...

It was so quick to make, and the instructions were so so easy to follow.  I think this is the first time I have ever made a pattern and not had one complaint about the instructions for the construction of the garment. 

They only thing I would change is that there is no cutting layout...which is easy enough to figure out on your own, but there are also no grain lines on the pattern pieces, so I had a little trouble figuring out how to cut the sleeve since I have never made this style of sleeve before, but it was only a minor set back...fyi the grain should run up and down toward the straight edge of the pattern piece...probably most of you know that, but I had to look at my shirt sleeve to figure it out...lol

Please excuse the bad pic...my hubby took it and I love him, but he's no photographer...my sisters are going to take some for me...Hopefully,they will come out better!

The fit of the dress is incredibly comfortable.  This is one that, I'm like, I want it in every color! It's such an easy dress to wear.  You could easily dress it up to go to dinner or throw on some flip flops and go to the park or the beach.  And as far as nursing, where was this when I was nursing my kiddos?!?  I stayed in t-shirts ALL THE TIME because I couldn't find anything that was comfortable and easy to nurse in.  Especially, not a dress.  I tested this one to see how easily it could be moved for nursing and if I ever were to have another baby (please no!  love my kiddos, but please no!  lol)  I would LIVE IN THIS DRESS!!!! 

this one was taken by Sophie...lol
At least she got the dress...
So, obviously I would recommend it.  I think pregnant, nursing, or otherwise, every mom needs at least one of these in her closet!  And FYI, I will be posting a giveaway for one next week!  I will make either the maternity or non maternity version for the winner, depending on your needs, in their choice of color, so be sure to be on the look out for that!


And Megan Nielson, has donated one of her Maternity Survial Packs with all five of her very popular maternity and nursing sewing patterns for my ABE 2.0 giveaway package!

Happy Sewing!



Linked to:

Today's Creative Blog

   Photobucket  
Somewhat Simple
        Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden   
Fantabulous Friday! Ladybird Ln

2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

Lovely dress and Thanks for sharing. I am following your blog. You can visit me at http://showmemama.com.

Have a great day!

Debbie @ OtRD said...

Lovely dress!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...