Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Creamy Italian {Crockpot} Chicken

I have been wanting to start meal planning FOR-EVAH!  But, I am sooooo not a creative cook!  Rice and gravy and spaghetti are pretty much all I can ever think of cooking.  Not to mention I am a huge perfectionist and every time I would try to get started I would get overwhelmed because I was so obsessed with it being perfect.  But being a perfectionist, I love having a checklist!  It makes me feel like I'm not gonna miss anything...kwim?  So I was super excited when I found this 30 Meal Plan by Nannygoat.  It's laid out for you in 4 easy steps and they even include a few recipes!

But there was still the problem of finding quick, easy, and most importantly kid friendly recipes.  So I was even more excited to find Confessions of a Homeschooler's Monthly Meal Plan.  Monday was supposed to be Italian Beef Roast.  Only problem...I didn't have any of the ingredients, so I improvised.  Here's what I came up with....


2 bone-in chicken breasts (you can really use whatever you want)
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans water
dry Italian dressing mix (I used this recipe. I suggest reducing the oregano to only 1 tbsp)

Whisk the cream of chicken, water and dressing mix in a crockpot.  Add the chicken and cook on high for 4 hours.


It was a huge hit with me and the kids!  This one is definitely going into the recipe book.  I also plan to add at the end of each recipe ideas for what to do with the leftovers...

Chicken spaghetti
Mini chicken pizzas

Got any other ideas for the leftovers?  Leave a link in the comments section so I can check them out!
  

2 comments:

Rachel @the house redeemed said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! I love meal planning, it's really helps keep me sane! Have you been to that website livinglocurto? She has tons of meal plans and my family has loved every one we've tried from her site.

jamie w said...

mmm that sounds good. i am on the look out for more crockpot recipies. thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...