Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Diamonds are a girls best friend...




I mentioned on FB the other day that I was making a pageant dress for my sister, so here it is!  They needed a dress for the introduction.  The theme was Marilyn Monroe and the colors were pink, black, and white.  Some of you may remember I made her a blue Marilyn dress for homecoming last year. We thought about just dying it black, but guess what...It was polyester shantung...you can't dye polyester.  So what else could we do?  

Well, the pageant director had told her to try costume shops for a Marilyn costume, so they did...And you should have seen the sad little costume they came to my house with!  It was horrible!  Not to mention see through!  I offered to whip something simple up from an old bridesmaids dress I had but they said that would be too stressful since there were only two days till the pageant, and we should just dye the blue one...my sister wasn't really happy about it because she loved the dress.  No one had thought about the fact that it was polyester yet....

So after they left, I tested the fabric and realized it wasn't going to work...I started to call them and say not to return the costume just yet, but then I thought...I can whip her up another Marilyn dress from my black bridesmaid dress!  But, not wanting to make my mom even more stressed then she already was, I decided just to wait to tell them until the dress was almost done....They had left the costume bag at my house accidentally so I knew if it didn't work out they would still have the costume.  Thankfully it did, and I now have the proud honor of saying I made Miss Rayne 2011's intro dress!  

Congrats baby sis!    



We dressed Sophie to match the pageant theme.  Anyone remember this dress from PTR?


Training her for her pageant debut...lol


I know this pic is really blurry but I just love the look on her face!  Classic Adriana...or "Nani"  as the kiddos call her.  The pageant started off with them doing a dance to Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend.



Can you see her down there???

The one in the pink is Miss Rayne 2010.  I love her dress!







Introducing herself...



Once again I know it's blurry, but it's priceless...so her!


I told my mom it was meant to be...the old Miss Rayne center back...the new Miss Rayne center front!




For her interview...I did her hair and makeup too.


We were worried because her suit was a little big, and we didn't realize until it was too late.



Here's the back of Miss Rayne 2010's dress...don't you love it!!!  You know me and my love for ginormous bows...and pink...and things that sparkle...


 in her evening gown...isn't it awesome!!  wish I could take the credit for this one!


I definitely want to make Sophie one like that!  I mean not exactly like that, but the bottom is so cool!




Right before they called her name I turned to my mom and said I know she got it!!!  And my mom said you think...


And I was right!!!  I'm so proud of her!  This is her 4th pageant and she almost wanted to give up because she has a tendency to become mousy onstage, but she definitely shined this time! 




Sparkle baby!  LOL Yeah, toddlers and tiaras is the show I love to hate!







with the pageant coordinator


Sophie want to be in a "big girl pageant" now...



With the mayor and visiting royalty...


With her coach...I told her I'd make her a pageant dress if she coached me for a Ms. pageant...lol


with mom...



with her nanny


with grandma...


with Sophie...


And the future Miss Rayne 2025!  What d'ya think???  I think she's a shoe in!  ;)






 Friday & Weekends
 
 
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!                Fantabulous Friday!

    Ladybird Ln                

             Photobucket         Homemaker In Heels

   sew many ways    Photobucket    UndertheTableandDreaming    Lovely Crafty Home   Fancy This The Shabby Nest    

Just a Girl



Monday


Keeping It Simple         BWS tips button 

 The Girl Creative  Sumo Sweet Stuff Making 







      





Tuesday

            Todays Creative Blog    HOG





Wednesday
  
 
    Dragonfly Designs    CreativeShareWednesdays    NightOwlCrafting    
 
Creations by Kara       

14 comments:

jcallaway1980 said...

So beautiful! Love the dress you did! Congrats to Adriana! An Sophie is definitely a shoe in!

Bethany said...

That's so fun! And so nice! I love how you're all "Oh I can whip something together from old bridesmaid dresses." Lol - nothing like that would ever come out of my mouth :)

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Your black dress was definitely the most Marilyn Monroe! LOVED IT! Great job. i am at home plodding through a "2 hour easy" drape front tank shirt pattern while you are whipping up evening dresses! GREAT JOB! I hope to get there some day. I LOVE to sew, but haven't done much with clothes so here goes!Kristy from wwww.apronsandapples.blogspot.com stop by and see my super healthy super yummy raw foods fruit pie!

Lindsay said...

Oh wow, you are amazing! I can't believe you made that--gorgeous! And your sister is beautiful! Your little girl is SO sweet! What a fabulous day!

Unknown said...

wow! the dress is perfect, April! Congratulations to your sister! Sophie is definitely a future pageant title holder!

sstone said...

What a fun day! New follower from Round Tuit:)

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

What a beautiful dress. If you get a chance I would love you to link your dress up to More the Merrier Monday. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

That black dress is beautiful - great job! And the blue evening gown - just stunning! Great photos and a wonderful evening by the sounds of it!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Just Jaime said...

Congrats on the win. What a beautiful dress!

DearHelenHartman said...

Awww. I can see why she won - so much love and support went with her and she does have that X quality. Your eyes are just drawn to her even in a group of lovely girls.

Six of Us said...

She is gorgeous and that dress is fantastic! You did an awesome job. And congrats to your sister. My sister was in pageants too, so I love that you were able to help her out. I have a soft spot in my heart for pageant girls.

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

She looks beautiful!! love all of the dresses

Rachel said...

Great dress and beautiful sister!

Diane said...

Hi... I'm assuming you are from La. as am I. I live in North Louisiana.

Congrats on your sister winning the pageant. She is beautiful and the dress you remade for her was awesome.

Hope you can visit me sometimes over at Pittypat Paperie.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...