Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Photo Friday ~ At the Alligater Farm & Boiling Crawfish

When I started this blog.  I intended to include pictures of my family...sort of an online scrapbook, I guess, but so far that hasn't happened as much as I would like.  I really like the idea of being able to look back at past posts and see pictures and read the stories of what we did.

 I also really enjoy getting to know my fellow bloggers.  So I am starting another linky party on Fridays called Photo Friday...yes I know...very original huh?  lol Anyway, I will start posting pictures every Friday and post a linky for those of you who have pics you want to share...  The only rules are that the your post is about your photos and goes along with that weeks theme.  I will announce the next weeks theme at each party so that you will have time to get your post together.  This weeks theme is animals.  Next, week it will be "Messy Faces"....or just over all messy kids, etc 

It would be cool for you to mention that you linked to this party in your post, but I am not requiring it because this is really just about keeping a record of my family fun, allowing you to get to know me better, and hopefully I will get to know some of you better.  I am starting out with some old pics I found.  I just can't believe how quickly my children have grown...I am just amazed! 

And don't worry, this isn't about being a fabulous photographer...as you'll see when you look at my pics, lol...just share whatever you want...as long as it's family friendly that is...

Alligater Farm



Gosh, he used to be so obessed with the movie Cars.  (notice the shoes)  Right here he was "playing soccor" with the other kids while we waited for our tour to start.

That bottom drawing is the actual size of the largest alligator on record!  Can you imagine coming across that?!?

This little guy was I think 7 days old.  The guy giving the tour actually wore him as an earring...as in he made him bite his ear lobe!


They got to feed the alligators marshmallows. 


I can't remember how old this guy was, but it was really amazing how powerful this he was. We had to stay in a line because if he started thrashing he could have broke something...like one of our bones... Another really cool thing they demonstrated was that when turned on their backs alligators go into a sort of coma instantly... it was really weird.  This was a feisty little guy and as soon as they turned him over he would just go limp.

Ian absolutely could not wait to touch it!  He actually went back and asked the man to let him touch it a second time...and who could resist those fat cheeks!


He rescued this turtle from a little boy who was trying to bury it and kept flinging it around...***Proud mommy moment****  He said he that's not nice!  Leave him alone....what a little sweetie!

he loved the camen because he had seen them on Go, Diego, Go!

These are baby alligators that were just hatched...those little placenta things stay attached to them for 24 hrs then fall off...(I think that's right..sorry it's been a while...feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

This is the alligator that Ian and I hatched...well I held the egg and he watched...

Olivia's alligator bit her and she threw it across the room out of surprise...which they specifically warn you not to do because the baby alligators splat...luckily hers survived

Isn't she a beautiful baby?!?

I love her little outfit!  I wish I could find her another one!


Boiling Crawfish



Her faces in these pics crack me up!






 

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Such adorable children. Looks like it was fun.

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

I love this idea! I think you should make it a link back party to get the word out. The theme thing sounds fun too, but it could also be just what happened that week? Kind of an either-or?

Love the pics of the baby alligators! So cute!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...