Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Oliver+S Hopscotch Skirt & Knit Top


I just finished this Oliver + S Hopscotch Knit Top and Skirt.  I think it came out adorable.  I used her Park Ramble Knit Interlock for the top, and a light weight corduroy for the skirt.  I would have loved to take some cute pics of Sophie playing hopscotch outside in it, but the mosquitos have been absolutely unreal here!  Everytime we open the door like 50 of them come in the house!  Anyway, I made this for the local fabric store, but I just wanted to see it on, since I will be getting it back.  The skirt turned out kinda big for her, but, oh well, she will be able to wear it next year too.  

I am absolutely in love with the pockets on this skirt!  The pattern was pretty easy to follow, and I am definately not very good at following patterns.  I always end up going off and doing it on my own....which usually means I have to keep my seam ripper pretty handy.  The only thing I wasn't crazy about was that on the knit top the seam allowances are only 1/4" , so my machine kept eating my fabric, but then I remembered a tip I read somewhere about putting tissue paper under your fabric, which was a sanity saver because I was completely ready to scrap this project.  I don't have that much expirience with knits, but I couldn't even undo the threads with the seam ripper because it would tear holes in the fabric.  I am planning on making the dress that comes with the pattern and I think I will probably cut the pattern out with an extra 1/4" seam allowance.  That way, I can do a 1/2" seam allowance and then just trim it down afterwards.

I can't wait to make the dress, but I have to make like 6 Halloween costumes this week so it will just have to wait...
I am working on her Jump Rope dress now....I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Check out the Linky Party tab to see where I am linking this up!

4 comments:

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

(came by way of Tatertots and Jello). This is so stinkin' cute!! Almost makes me want to have another kids in case it would be a girl :) almost. At first, I thought "waaayyy too hard for me" but you sound like my kind of sewer - venturing away from patterns and intimidated by knit. Thanks for the tip of using tissue paper, I will have to try that.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is adorable! I LOVE the corduroy, and the print on the shirt is gorgeous. Great work! Oliver + S patterns are so sweet!

www.gwennypenny.com

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Thanks so much for linking up to Point of View, April! The orange/teal color combo is gorgeous!

Jonie Marie said...

I love LOVE this! The pockets are DARLING. Thanks so much for linking up. I featured you over on my site. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.

Thanks
Jonie
easyascutandpaste.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...