Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

So Long, Sew Crafty Saturday...

For now anyway.  Good morning everyone!  Thanks so much to all of you who have linked up to Sew Crafty Saturday each week!  I really love seeing what you have all been working on and checking out the links, but there are so many great parties out there, and I feel like I don't have the time to put into advertising it and featuring you guys right now, and it's simply not growing.  So, I am taking a step back, and finishing up some projects, and we will see how it goes.  I may bring it back, but right now I am trying to simplify and get back to posting more tutorials and pattern reviews.  A lot of you have mentioned to me that you don't know how to sew and would love to learn so I really would like to get into posting about the basics, and helping those of you who want to learn.  And sharing patterns with you...I have been running so crazy it's been like eight months and I haven't even posted the pattern for the cranberry dress...most of you have probably forgotten by now! 

I have always had a tendancy to spread myself thin, and I think it's time I get my hand out of everything in blogland and get back to being me and focus on doing what I set out to do.  Which is sharing my designs and love of sewing...and pretty much all things DIY.  With all the things I am doing right now, I spend so much time on the computer trying to keep up I barely have any time to sew, craft or otherwise....So once again thanks so much to all of who linked up each week, I will be doing features from the last party over the course of the week.  I really love having the party, but for now I have to let go of the things I can let go of, and the party is one of them.

9 comments:

sweet fashion affairs said...

I am looking foreward for the tutorials about the basic steps in sewing !

www.cardiganpumpkin.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

Hey--you do what you need to do :)
You were my first "featured on" by the way :)
and don't feel too bad--I've been promising a tutorial for over a year and am just getting around to it!

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Feel the freedom! I for one am looking forward to tutorials, diy and sewing stuff! thanks for sharing all your great stuff! Kristy www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I'm bummed to see your party go, I haven't had anything to post last couple weeks and finally had something to post again.

However, I certainly understand how setting it up can take a lot of time away from your family and life in general. I look forward to your tutorials!

Lacey said...

Good for you April! I am in the same boat (although I have just abandoned ship altogether for awhile). Its just tough to fit everything in sometimes and we have to get back to the roots of what we love to do in the first place. I'll be keeping up with you, and adding to my to do list! -Lacey

Anna said...

I think that's a great decision. You need you find your niche in the blog world and teaching people to sew is awesome! It's a life skill that everyone needs to know.

Anna :)
www.askannamoseley.com

Ami Allison said...

Take care of you, your family and the things that matter most to you!! I can't wait to see you finish some of your projects!! We will here with you!! :)

NOW go enter my gazzilion giveaways!! haaha!! :)

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

looking forward to the basics posts! I'm clueless....

Suze said...

I am looking forward to learning to saw better with your basic tutorials so I can make some stuff for baby girl :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...