Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Monarch Butterfly Dress ~ Finishing the Bodice



Okay, so I tried to drape the bodice for the dress with one of the wings I already painted, but the fabric was sort of stiff from the paint and I just didn't like the way it looked.  It was all lumpy, so I think I am going to just finish off the bodice and leave it all black for now.  Once I finish painting the wings and put the skirt together, I will see how it looks and I may just paint a design on it to mimic what it would have looked like if I had draped one of the wings across the bodice, but we will just have to see what happens.  If your wings aren't as stiff as mine or you are just straight determined to have a wing draped over the bodice, here is draping tutorial that you can use to help.  The bodice of the butterfly dress is actually like a pleated drape (I guess that's what you would call it), so you would want to pull the fabric a little tighter than she does as you are draping. And of course if you need any help, just email me!  

Also, I saw this So-Soft Fabric paint at Hancock's fabrics the other day.  Unfortunately, they were out of the colors I needed and I don't think I have time to order them, so looks like I will just have to go with what I have, but if you haven't bought or opened your paints yet, you could definitely get these and would {theoretically} be able to drape the wing over the bodice since this one is supposed dry soft.

Also, if you don't have a dress form to drape on, just do like I do and safety pin the bodice around a pillow, then stuff the bra with socks...

Hopefully, when you really put the thing on your boobs won't be that lumpy!  lol


Yay!  Turns out I will be able to drape the bodice!  Read this post for more info, and look for the post very, very soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...