Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rock your Runway! ~ Trying Hair Stuff from Pinterest

Sorry I am such a flake lately and keep forgetting to post RYR!  Truth be told I haven't rocked much of anything besides a ponytail and pjs lately, so last week I decided to step it up a bit, and tried three things from my Make Me Pretty pin board.

First up I tried this hair massage...

(click the pics to go to the original source)
Pinned Image
“Indian women are known for beautiful hair,” says Purohit. “Hair oil massages are a big thing. Once a week, we apply coconut, olive or almond oil to hair, massage it in for five minutes, leave on for 10, then shampoo."


I deleted the pics because I wasn't going to share since it really didn't do anything but I figured I'd share my experience since it's a pretty funny story.  First, off I didn't have anything but vegetable oil.  I asked hubby to get me some olive oil when he went to the store...he didn't.  I decide to got ahead anyway with the veg oil.    Long story short I had to wash my hair 3 times before I quit smelling fried chicken every time I flat ironed my hair...  

I'm sure this is one of those things that if it does work would take quite a few times before you got real results, so I plan on continuing this for a few months...just as soon as I get my hands on some coconut oil...at least I won't smell like fried chicken...lol!


Next up...


Pinned Image
"Quick waves from braids"

In all fairness I didn't read the tute...I figured the pic was pretty self explanitory.  So here's me...

I just braided sections, flat ironed and left them till I was done with my makeup so they had plenty of time to cool and set.

Sophie thought my hair looked awesome just like this!  lol

Here's how it looked once I took the braids out...sorry the pics are blurry but I can't use flash in the mirror which makes my shutter slow which equals blurry crazy photos! 

Anywho, I think it would probably work better if you did like with the no heat curls that have been all over pinterest and blogland and blowdry to about 80% dry then braid small sections and sleep on it.

My hair did come out a little wavy but it was still very frizzy...but my hair is always frizzy when it's straight...It would have been perfect if I were going to the beach or just anywhere near the beach, but not my kinda everyday look.  If I were ever to do it again, I would do it a day after I washed to cut down on frizz.

So now what?? Family was coming over for an early Thanksgiving since my hubby's mom and dad work on Thanksgiving so I had to come up with some sort of decent hair style...

Then, I remembered this....

Pinned Image
It was perfect because I recently cut bangs that I hate!

So here's my version:

I wish my hair hadn't looked like I stuck my finger in an electrical outlet (darn you South Louisiana humidity!)  but I have to say I really loved this look!  It's definitely my go to look till these miserable bangs grow out!

And here was my outfit...

My dress definitely didn't feel/look as short as it does in this pic...Now I see why my sil asked me if I was going to a rock concert...

Definitely love the hair though!




And last, but certainly not least...my little Sophie.  When she saw my braids she wanted braids.  I had been wanting to try this hairstyle:

Pinned Image

And since she wanted braids I though it was the perfect chance! 





So there you have it!  An actual RYR post!  Woohoo!  I'll try to keep it up and not be such a flake!

What have you been rockin??




1 comments:

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

You look all cute and spunky and sassy! :) And Sophie is SO pretty!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...