Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bloom Baby, Bloom!


Hey guys!  Sorry I have been MIA.  Seeing how it is already Tuesday, I guess we have all assumed that I am skipping last weeks Fashion & Flair Friday.  I am just going to post what I wanted to do last Friday, this Friday. That way I will hopefully get a little ahead.  Some of you may have seen on FB that I had started a job doing alterations, but that is not working out.  I was sort of expecting that I would have to go a couple times a week, pick up a big stack of stuff and bring it back a few days later...which is what I understood the job entailed.  Unfortunately, it's ending up that she would really need someone to go in everyday, and living 45 mins away, I just can't do that.  I am sort of upset because I really like having a job, but being on the road all week was taking up half of my days!  Then, there is still school work, cooking, cleaning, dr. appts, and karate classes, so the time I could have been spending sewing, had I only had to go in a couple times a week, I was spending driving and waiting for the lady to get there and decide what she wanted to give me....it was just frustrating, so I decided to just stop before I waste anymore of her or my time....so that was an epic fail, as my sisters would say!  lol 



Anyhow!  On to happier note, I made the Bloom Baby Dress by Too Sweets, a couple weeks ago for my nieces birthday.  It turned out completely adorable, and everyone at the party loved it!  It was a super simple pattern to follow, and I would HIGHLY recommend it for beginner sewers! It was so quick to sew and the instructions were great and easy to follow.  This is one of those patterns that you will love to sew whether you have been sewing for years or just getting started.  

And with the holidays around the corner, this would make a super cute gift for all the little girls in your family!  I think it would be really adorable if you changed it from a halter to a jumper, and put a little long sleeve top under it for winter with tights and some cute boots! Can't wait to make one for Sophie!







 Friday & Weekends
 
 
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!                Fantabulous Friday!

    Ladybird Ln                

             Photobucket         Homemaker In Heels

   sew many ways    Photobucket    UndertheTableandDreaming    Lovely Crafty Home   Fancy This The Shabby Nest    

Just a Girl




5 comments:

Amanda said...

The dress is ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to get my sewing skills going and make my daughter cute stuff like this!!!

saskia said...

that is adorable! I was going to say thank you for putting my button your blog :) That is very kind of you. I do have a new button though if you get a chance to update it. I completely understand no time for anything, my life is a joke- well, off to deal with a baby that won't nap :)

http://sunflowerradiantlove.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-buttons-logos-etc.html

Anonymous said...

That turned out pretty! Now only if I could get into sewing mode ;) lol

Ladybird Ln said...

This turned out so sweet, I just love the little details, you are so good at sewing, you always inspire me! Thanks for showing off!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Unknown said...

What a darling little summer dress! Thanks for partying at Fancy This Fridays again this week! We love having you!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...