Annoucement: I recently made a biggggg mistake and managed to delete all of my blog photos. I am working to get them all back up asap. Please bear with me, and if you have any questions on tutorials, please feel free to email me and I will try to help you out as best as I can...Thanks!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Finishing the Butterfly Dress


So like a dope I somehow deleted the pics I took of me inserting the zipper...but luckily, I found this great tutorial, and this is exactly how I did it.  Before inserting the zipper, you will need to sew the skirt to the bodice...also deleted those pics, but it's pretty basic just put the right sides together, and stitch.  If you need help, just email me and I will take some pics with scrap fabric to give you an example.  Anywho, here's the tutorial for the zipper:





The wings should overlap like this in the back once you install the zipper.  If you have trouble with them not staying closed, you could add a hook and eye or snap.

Now you just have to stitch the feather trim on and your done!!!  Woohoo!   I've got mine all done and I will be wearing it to a party tomorrow.  I'm going to take pics and post them Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from you. I read and apprieciate each of your comments. Please make sure your email is enabled so that I can respond to your comments. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...